Tuesday, April 8, 2014

No Witty Title... just Real Life

What I did wrong today...
  • I skipped the gym
  • I didn't eat breakfast
  • I had spaghetti at 9pm
What I did right today....
I called into work, took my daughter to the doctor and found out she is 20 lbs lighter than she was.  She's the one that doesn't have 20 lbs to lose.  I knew something was wrong but I had no idea how wrong.  I knew she was being picky about food but had no idea her body was withering away.  I knew she was irritable but had no idea it was because she needed nourishment.

We are headed to the lab on Wednesday for bloodwork to rule out thyroid issues or some other underlying medical issue.  She and I both know though this is bigger than that.  She and I both know her aversion to food is an unhealthy reaction to stress... school stress, general life stress, and probably some stuff neither one of us understands right now.  We trust the doctors to give us the right direction and guidance from here pending the bloodwork. 

What I will do right tomorrow and every day after.....
  • I will continue to strive for healthy eating, exercising, and body image. I will not make negative comments about my own body or anyone else’s.
  • I will give her support and compassion
  • I will not be the "food police" ... ultimately this isn't about food
  • Help  her learn healthy ways to deal with stress and anxiety
  • Love her more than she will ever understand until she has children of her own.
(*posted with K's permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment